Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Another day, Another Dollar

Well, after a wonderful two days of working the floor in the Intensive Care Unit, I got to visit my office and do some of my wardmaster duties. You want to talk about miserable! lol
I was pretty well finished with everything I wanted to accomplish today by 3pm, but I was leading the physical fitness training that did not begin until 5pm. At least when that came around life was looking pretty good.

I realized that when I blog, I probably should mention something about current events, something somewhat controversial, or how I feel about random topics.

Today, I have steroids on my mind. Not more than about 5 weeks ago, the Federal government, of whom I am employed, conducted an operation known as "operation gear grinder." This operation was to eliminate a train of raw steroids that were coming from overseas form China and then being distributed in America.

So this fits into the need of controversy and current events, as well as something I feel strongly about. Steroids are banned under the controlled substance act and are labeled as a Cat II drug, placing them in the same category of such drugs as cocaine, LSD and other medically insignificant drugs. The problem with this is because steroids ARE MEDICALLY SIGNIFICANT! Wasting diseases such as AIDS, burn patients, little kids and respiratory patients are all in need of steroid treatment to get better.

Here is my gripe: Marijuana is less toxic than cigarettes, alcohol kills more people than marijuana and Ecstasy combined. LSD, coke, meth are all addictive and cause violent behaviors in accordance with that physical addiction. Steroids on the other hand, despite the "truth " of 'roid rage, do not psychological change a person, are not physically addictive, and when taken properly and under the care of a physician, are not harmful to the average person.

Then there are the benefits which I will sum up very lightly: increase in strength, increase in muscle mass, decrease in fat, and an overall better sense of self and a better sense of health.

Now that I have ranted, I promise to the readers out there that I will provide more detailed information about these things I say, I will provide research, and I will refer people to sources to learn more for themselves.

Rember, if you have questions, feel free to post them so I can research them!
That is all for now, until next time!

No comments: